Monday, October 31, 2005

Well, Finally!

I've started a blog at last. I've had friends and family encouraging me along for several years, but I've hesitated for several reasons. First is time. With 3 little ones 4 and under, I don't think I need to explain that one. Second is privacy. I'm cautious, maybe over-cautious about sharing personal information on the web. Third is motive. What's the real reason I want to start a blog? Fourth is that blogs can be so one-dimensional in showing what someone is like or what her life is like. Obviously a blogger can selectively share about herself and her family, which has the potential to create an inaccurate picture. So I've been hesitant to start a blog myself.

But as time has gone by I've become more and more frustrated about trying to keep so many people updated on what goes on in our lives. I intend to write, then can't decide who I should write first, and then if I write more than one person I just end up repeating myself. I really miss sharing and hearing news from others, and I especially miss the fellowship and spirited discussion that I used to have through letters. It's my hope that a blog might make up for some of that.

So I'm forging ahead, hopefully using caution and good sense, but also sharing something of our day-to-day lives and thoughts with each of you.

No comments: