Friday, October 24, 2008

Stuffed Chicken Breast

Yesterday I was able to spend a little more time on supper and make something that was actually different and good, as opposed to the frantic meals I usually prepare. (Feels like everything is frantic and half-done these days...)

It was easy though--stuffed chicken breast. Here's what I did, so I have it for future reference. Maybe you'll enjoy it too!

8 chicken breasts

1 batch cornbread (The recipe took 2 cups--that size of a batch.)
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1 small onion
poultry seasoning (about 1 T)
sage (about 1 t)
salt and pepper
chicken broth to moisten
1 egg

I sauteed the veggies in a bit of olive oil till soft. (some celery, mushrooms, or pimiento would be good too, I think...)

Then crumbled the cornbread in.

Added dry ingredients.

Stirred in enough broth to make it moist.

Then I tasted it--before I put the egg in. (I'm weird that way. I don't eat raw cookie dough either.)

Added the egg and mixed really well.

Slit and stuffed the chicken breasts. Put them on a big cookie sheet.

Put the leftover dressing around them. Put a bit of water in the pan so they wouldn't stick and dry out.

Covered and baked at 350 for about 1 hour.

Yum!

Would have been even better with gravy. But it was fine this way too.

No comments: