Thursday, August 03, 2006

Don't Click Away

When you see that I'm about to recommend an aricle by Reb Bradley. That's almost what I did when I saw his name mentioned on Molly's blog. Only the fact that I've seen Molly be open-hearted and anything but legalistic made me finish the paragraph, and boy am I glad I did. Reb Bradley discusses why he and other homeschool families have seen their kids not turn out exactly as they'd hoped, and in some cases overtly rebel. Excellent, excellent article, made all the more palatable because Mr. Bradley has had the humility to admit that he was wrong about some of the parenting decisions he made for his family and then taught to hundreds or thousands of others. (For those who don't know, the Bradleys are big names in the "conservative" homeschool community.) A teachable spirit brings joy to my heart, and makes me want to be sure that I'm teachable as well. Check out the article here.

1 comment:

Stephen Michael said...

Excellent article! This information could aleviate much guilt and shame from some parents and encourage the next generation.