Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Gift of Family

In my case, extraordinarily wonderful in-laws. Billy's parents have always been kind and generous to me. This week his mom came up and packed my kitchen. She also took a huge pile of laundry home and washed it. Now that's love! I just had to brag on her a bit. His whole family is helping us with our move. They are great.

After we married I quickly fell in love with all Billy's extended family as well. A few weeks ago his Aunt Dottie and Uncle Troy had a crawfish boil for our going-away (and to celebrate a few other family achievements). What a fun day.


I remember about 8 years ago when I first ate crawfish (in a casserole, not whole) at the home of friends. I commented that I'd never really eaten seafood before. My friends laughed and said, "Crawfish isn't seafood. It's a bug!" So it is. A mudbug. But a delicious bug all the same.


Have a great day everybody!

No comments: