Saturday, February 24, 2007

On Dying and Living (Spiritually, That Is)



I absolutely love Debra's post, "The Mornings After You Die". She's such an inspiration as someone who is letting Jesus change her to look more and more like Him. Here's a snippet to whet your appetite.

Silly me... I think I forgot to tell you that I'm dying...

...to Self, that is. A slow, lingering death, actually.

Yep, I've been dying since 1994, the year I finally began allowing God to kill whole trash piles inside me. You know, those ugly, lopsided stacks of believing I know best... and speaking without thinking first... and being the grandest procrastinator upon Earth... and laziness, fearfulness, shyness... rebellion, discontentment and unforgiveness. You know, all that stuff which holds you down and back and makes God look bad if you're going around telling everyone you represent Him.

Go read it! So encouraging!

No comments: