Monday, November 26, 2007

Grandpa and Grandma's Farm, Part 2

I posted about going to my parents' little farm last spring. We visited again last weekend. The kids had such fun...

Playing with big cats...


And little kittens...




Going to Cowboy Church...



Swinging on the front porch...(OK, we all enjoyed that!)




Napping on the couch with a comfy old quilt...



It was too warm for a fire, but isn't this pretty? One thing that inspires me when I go to my parents' is that my mom always combines function with beauty. There's very little in her home that is purely functional. It's pretty too.

I missed a shot of the new tire swing, where the kids spent most of their time, and lots of other good ones too. Next time!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day when I wrote about visiting Homestead Heritage...
We live north of Elm Mott by about 50 miles or so. Johnson County.
We have visited the Bormans on a Friday night. Were you raised in that community ?

Rachel said...

How sweet! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.