Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This is News?


A couple of this morning's Yahoo headlines:

Temps hit century mark in south

It's been this hot for weeks here. I've never lived in a place with such scorching temperatures. At 7am it's as hot as it's been at 10 or noon any other of the very hot places I've lived. Thank God for air conditioning. People who lived here before that was available must have been some of the toughest on earth.

Ala. city considers end to alcohol sales

This is actually not uncommon across the South. When I lived in Texas there were still many dry counties. While I certainly think Christians have more important things to devote their energies to than banning alcohol, this isn't new news.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...
Charity,
I did a MeMe on my site for ya. This isn't a 'tag thing'. I really am not too much into those. Just know that you were thought of.
In Him,
Christina

Kelli said...

It's going to be 105 here today so I'll be trying to stay cool too! I'm so thankful for air conditioning!
Kelli

Erica said...

Maybe they just don't have anything better to report on? lol It's scorching hot here too, and I lived in a dry county for 7 years. haha

Sometimes I think the media is just trying to distract us from what's really going on.

Anonymous said...

Yah...moved to TN from WA. We are having horrible heat. Thank goodness for air conditioning. It is really something to me when the overnight low is 76. As for alcohol, we live in a dry county and it really saddens me the way some of the Christians around here react to the site of alchohol in ANY form. We feel like it's become very pharisiacal (if that's a word). Anyhoots, quite frankly people go into the next county, get what they want and then drive back here (and they can still go to restaurants here and drink). It's one of those things that make me go "hmmmm....."