Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Today


I woke this morning to the news that Jewels is discontinuing her blog, Eyes of Wonder. I must say that Eyes of Wonder is hands down the most beautiful blog I've ever read, so I am a bit disappointed. On the other hand, I totally understand Jewels' concern with sharing pictures of her children online. That's something I've never been personally comfortable with, simply because my kids' pictures would then be accessible to virtually anyone, anywhere in the world. So I completely respect her decision. I will miss her sweet presence in the blogosphere though.

I finished reading the book of Numbers yesterday, so this morning for my Quiet Time I mulled over Psalm 16, one of my favorites. It's a key passage in Patricia St. John's wonderful children's novel Rainbow Garden. It's amazing to me how a story can bring a particular portion of scripture to life and cause you to remember it forever.

You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy...(v.11)

Psalm 16 brought sweet memories and a fresh appreciation of God's love and care for us.

Today was errand day. It was different from most errand day in that it was mostly fun shopping, compared to the usual necessities-only shopping. I received a generous gift card for my birthday which I spent on desperately-needed maternity clothes. I was down to only 2 items that fit (sort of), so I am so happy to have a working wardrobe again.

I also bought some fall decorations for the mantle. I will try to share pictures tomorrow. It's simple, but considering I've only recently had any success with decorating, I'm pleased.

I stopped at Hobby Lobby because their scrapbook papers (which I use to make cards) are 50% off this week. I picked up a couple dollars worth and mostly just enjoyed browsing, especially their already-huge Christmas section! I hear people complain all the time that stores start selling Christmas items too early, but I adore Christmas and relish every bit of it. As soon as the weather cools the slightest bit, I am ready to start thinking about the holidays. Such fun.

This afternoon the kids and I did school together and I put up my new fall decorations. I spent some time with Billy, warmed up some leftover chili for supper (yay, no cooking!), and got everyone ready for bed. I rocked and sang Sarah to sleep because she seems to have come down with a sinus infection. Poor baby was feeling so poorly tonight. I treasure times like these when I can snuggle her to sleep. I miss those baby days, and I'm thankful that we'll soon have another one to love.

Now I need to finish the dishes and get myself ready for bed. It's been a good day, a fun, peaceful day. I hope each of you has had a wonderful day as well. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed visiting the blog you mentioned. Too sad I find it at the time it is being discontinued. *pouting*

I had a "fun" type errand day today as well. I so enjoyed it!