Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hot Chocolate Time

Ever since temperatures cooled earlier this week, my kids have been hounding me for hot chocolate. Everything in the store contained high fructose corn syrup (which I try to avoid) and most of the recipes I found called for Nestle Quik or coffee creamer. Finally I found this one, courtesy of Food Network, and adapted it slightly. Adapted version below.

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
2 t. cornstarch
Hot water

Mix well. Fill a mug half full with the mixture and pour in hot water. Stir to combine. Store the rest in an airtight container.

***Just noticed that the original also calls for salt, which I inadvertently left out. I also left out the cayenne pepper called for in the original, on purpose.***

No comments: