Saturday, February 02, 2008

Quiet Night


Billy was out of town one night this week. Whenever he's gone I miss him terribly and don't rest well, so I stay up until I know I'm so tired I'll fall asleep as soon as my head hits the lonely pillow! After I put the kids to bed, finished the dishes, and bathed, I spent a quiet hour with a cup of peppermint tea, the new Victoria (my first issue, I was so excited!), my journal, and some stitching. I so rarely get a quiet moment alone (much less a quiet hour), I hardly knew what to do with myself.

Quiet. Peaceful. Sweet.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for visiting with me and commenting on my 'found' doll house...

When our husbands are away even for one night, we really appreciate them, don't we? I subscribed to Victoria when it was first published...it was wonderful and I do hope the new version remains the old version...Betty

Anonymous said...

Last week my hubby was gone on business from early Monday morning until Saturday afternoon. It was sooo good to be a complete family again!

Dianna said...

I do exactly the same thing when my husband is gone. I can't sleep so I just stay up ridiculously late until I have to fall asleep. Isn't it nice when everyone's home?

Mo said...

We used to get the magazine Victoria. It just made us feel plumb fancy to look at it!