Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Be a Yes Mom


I've "known" Katie online for several years. Known of her is more like it. We don't actually have contact. She's always been an inspiration because of her joyful spirit and great attitude. I've especially seen this since one of her little ones has been battling cancer. I don't usually talk about things like this on my blog, but her sweet Jillian's story is amazing. (Katie and Jeff have 11 children, 4 bio, 7 adopted...Say a prayer for Jillian, will you?). ANYWAY...I read this the other day on her blog, and I couldn't help but share it. I want to be more of a yes mom, instead of a not-now-I-have-so-much-to-do mom.

Now generally I am a yes mom anyway. I LIKE to tell my kids yes. But recently I have especially become a yes mom. I go out of my way to be a yes mom. If something looks even remotely fun we go for it. What if we don’t get to try that thing tomorrow? The simple pleasures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a special post. It's so easy to get caught up in all there is to do during the day. Thank you for sharing.

Cherry xx