Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cookies for a Crowd

We were invited to a get-together Sunday afternoon, and I planned to bring brownies. When I got the ingredients out, my cocoa container was almost empty. Ack! What to do! I didn't have much in the house to bake with.

Snickerdoodles were the answer. Rich, buttery, moist, special, but with the most basic ingredient list. They were fast to make and everyone liked them. We didn't bring any leftovers home.

Recipe below!

Snickerdoodles

3 c. sugar
1 lb. butter
4 eggs
5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 t. cream of tartar
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

1. Heat oven to 350.

2. Mix sugar, butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in dry ingredients.

3. Shape dough in to 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup sugar mixed with a few t. cinnamon). Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

4. Bake about 13 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

I see now that in addition to changing some of the ingredients, I've changed the temp and baking time from the original recipe. They were great and popular, so I guess it worked!

No comments: