Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Want a Robot!



I'm not a techie person, and normally I'm pretty content--I can count on one hand I've really wanted something that cost over $100. But when friends were singing the praises of their scoobas...And they told me they sell for around $150, refurbished...Well, the scooba has made my wish list! One of my greatest sources of frustration has been not having time to keep my floor properly mopped. This is a very large house, with mostly hard floors. It takes about an hour to mop the floor, and once it's mopped it's dirty again in no time (3 kids six and under!). Besides, the string mop is so heavy that I just end up smearing dirty water over the floors again because I can't wring it out thoroughly. Swiffer has too much ongoing expense. My own personal floor-mopping robot sounds pretty darn great. Anybody have a scooba?

5 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Personally, I love my SH-mop from the CleanTeam. No wringing at all! http://thecleanteam.com/detaillist.cfm?searh=2&ID=K5029&cfid=1071471&cftoken=83681760 If the link doesn work, go to http://thecleanteam.com/tip_f.cfm?tip_id=14 and select Sh-mop from the right side. I have the original then I bought microfiber cloths; they didn't work well dry, but are still fabulous wet, even better than the original ones. When one side gets dirty, I just flip the cover around. I usually use one side per room, when I mop regularly.

Hannah's Mom said...

I have to say that if I could get someone or thing to mop for me... ooohhh!!! The second best thing is the hoover floormate Todd bought me for Christmas. I hated mopping in the sense it left the floors just as dirty (or close) as when I started. The floormate sucks up the dirty and only squirts out clean... brilliant!! Although, to have something to do it for you. :)
Windy

Erica said...

I could use one of those here for all this tile. lol Ryan has always been impressed with the Roomba robotic vacuum. I think either would be cool, tho I've seen some videos of the product working and I'm not sure they are as good at finding their way around and getting everywhere as they are advertised to be. lol

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of scooba, but a couple of years ago my hero said I could get a robot vacuum. Don't ask me why I didn't do it, I have since learned better to submit. ;)

Charity Grace said...

Sounds like I'm not alone! :)