Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Come Tour My House! The Craft Room



Here are a few more pictures for those of you who know me and haven't seen my house yet. I'm not so delusional as to think that these rooms measure up to the exquisite decorating I see in so many places in the blogosphere...But my house may be of interest to a few of you anyway!

This is my tiny little craft room, which I guess was originally a breakfast nook. It stays neat because I haven't done any crafting lately. I hope that having my sewing machine out will inspire me to sit down and sew something one of these days.



Here's another piece I get to share as the result of marrying a bachelor with great furniture. Billy's mom told me this is a family heirloom that's over 100 years old. I love it. It makes the perfect home for my craft supplies.

Yes, that's the refrigerator next to it. Apparently the original kitchen wasn't designed for a fridge (maybe and icebox on the porch?). So it stays in the breakfast/craft room.

Anyway, I've never had a craft room and very likely never will again. It's nice for now though!

4 comments:

ginny said...

Hi there,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Glad you like the brooches.. they are really fun to make. Your craft room is so neat and tidy.. i daren't show you mine.. i can hardly see the sewing machine at the moment! Wanted to say also that i too am hypothroid (diagnosed 10 years ago)and now have daily thyroxine. Mary Shoben's book has been a great help also.
Best wishes
ginny

ginny said...

Sorry for the spelling mistake on ...
Hypothyroid.
x

Charity Grace said...

LOL, if I had any projects going on you wouldn't be able to see my sewing machine either!

meggie said...

Kello, thanks for visitig my blog, & leaving a comment. Always nice to meet new people.
I have just enjoyed visiting you, & your nice house.
I am often struck by how many bloggers are crafters, quilters & garage sale-ers! It is one of our hobbies, & of course a rich source of scraps for my quilts~ cant always afford expensive new fabric.