Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Beautiful Stationery



Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. -William Morris

Not that I always live up to that...But it's a wonderful sentiment. Merely functional items are depressing.

This is my stationery basket. I took all my cards and stationery out of their packages, tied them with pretty ribbon, and put them together in the basket. (Actually the front one was already be-ribboned in the package, so much the better, right?) Way nicer than a box full of ugly packaging. It's a lot more fun to write notes when my stationery looks so pretty! I can't take full credit, I think I originally got the idea from Mrs. Wilt. But it works for me!

Works for Me Wednesday hosted by Shannon.

3 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

"Beautiful" tip!

Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Hannah's Mom said...

I love this... I will be going to Wal Mart today and picking up some ribbon.
Thanks for sharing!!

Mom2fur said...

I really like that quote! It's funny, but I'm cleaning my home office this week and came across some cards I had just thrown into a drawer. I've got some ribbon, and I'm sure there's a basket around here I can use. I'm going to try your idea!