Monday, July 02, 2007

God is Love



Yesterday sweet Cherry mentioned the love of God. Her statement started me on a train of thought and brought to my heart an overwhelming thankfulness for God’s love for me. I thought of these verses from the Bible:


For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16


The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17


The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10



I’m so grateful that God loves me so much that He came to rescue me from my own brokenness in a broken world. I’m overjoyed that because of His love, I can live a victorious and abundant life. I delight in my knowledge that the depth of His love has changed me on the inside, given me a fresh start, and redeemed me from a dark pit. I’m grateful that I’m not merely religious, but that I am called His friend. And I’m awed that He wants me to join Him in sharing His love with a wounded world so that they, too, can experience His redemption and healing, now and forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lord for loving me...

Unknown said...

I have something for you over at my blog!

Charity Grace said...

OK, you've got me curious. Heading over.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, abundant life. How precious we are to have it.

Cherry xx