Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Grandma's Tea Cups


Years ago when my Grandma distributed her possessions among the children and grandchildren, she gave my sisters and me her tea cup collection. My mom and aunts got her a tea cup each year (so the story goes) during their growing up years. These are the three that fell to me. (Ignore the wrinkly cloth, please.) It's so wonderful to have these lovely cups that belonged to her. I love my grandma! She is nearly 90 and one of the spryest, most energetic, and sharp-minded people I know. She never misses a birthday or anniversary. Someone once called her the oldest teenager they had ever met. She's a wonder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treasure! I have tea cups from both Grandmas and they are indeed priceless!
Thanks for sharing!
(P.S. I have one Grandmother still with us. She is 98. Although her body is now failing, her mind is sharp. Please pray for peace in these final days.)

Jen said...

I, too, have tea cups from my grandmother, but she bought them for me. She purchased each of her daughters 6 dozen teacups and when I got married, she gave me 6 antique teacups as well. They are priceless to me and I adore using them when I have unexpected guests. I think of her each time I walk past my china cabinet. I'm so glad you have yours!

Donetta said...

The beauty of your grandmothers heart fulls this air. You are surely her grand child.

Hannah's Mom said...

Isn't she great!! I can not believe how she remembers all the birthdays of all the grandkids and grandbabies and of course her kids. :) Beautiful tea cups!!

Erica said...

so pretty! i especially love the middle one.. what a unique shape!